The world is increasingly driven by data, but turning large amounts of raw data into a few actionable insights often requires a team of well-trained engineers. The goal of the D2I lab (part of the Georgia Tech database group) is to 1) design and build systems and tools to help simplify data science at scale for non-experts and 2) train world-class researchers.
- [Dec 2023] Peng Li defended his thesis!
- [Nov 2023] Hantian Zhang passed his thesis proposal!
- [Nov 2023] Kexin received an NSF award to build a person-focused open knowledge graph. Learn more about our story here.
- [Nov 2023] Rajveer Bachkaniwala received an honorable mention for the best poster award (among 86 posters!) at the PRISM annual retreat.
- [Oct 2023] Congrats to Hantian Zhang for winning the Chih Foundation Graduate Student Research Publication Awards!
- [Aug 2023] Kexin was recognized as a distinguished reviewer for PVLDB Vol16.
- [Aug 2023] Congrats to Peng Li for winning the best research paper award at VLDB’23!!
- [Aug 2022] Kexin received the Catherine M. and James E. Allchin Early Career Professorship in the College of Computing.
- [Jun 2022] Kexin received an Honorable Mention for the 2022 SIGMOD Jim Gray Doctoral Dissertation Award.
The D2I lab is directed by Dr. Kexin Rong.
- Rajveer Bachkaniwala (co-advised with Ada Gavrilovska)
- Jie Jeff Xu
- Peng Li (co-advised with Xu Chu)
- Hantian Zhang (co-advised with Xu Chu)
- Renzhi Wu (co-advised with Xu Chu)
PhD student collaborators
Master and undergraduate students
- Avinash Swaminathan (MS)
- Mayur Peshve Lakshimana Rao (MS)
- Saahir Dhanani (MS)
- Sarah Sonje (MS)
- Siddharth Singh Solanki (MS)
- Harshith Lanka (BS)
- Kyungmin Park (BS)
- Mingxuan Nie (BS)
- Steven Zhang (BS)
- Vidushi Maheshwari (BS)
- Ashmitha Julius Aravind (Helen Fellow)
- Dristi Shah (Helen Fellow)
We are always looking for talented and motivated students who want to help push forward the agenda of democratizing data analytics. If you are a GT PhD student, please email us directly. If you are an undergraduate or master student, please fill out our research questionnaire.